This class will explore various methods for using paper to create pop up effects and moving mechanisms for storytelling.
December 5-12, 2020 (If you register for just the on demand classes, registration will be available through the end of the year)
Videos will be available Sat. 12/5/2020
Optional Zoom Dates (limited spots available – must register):
- Sat. 12/5/20, 1pm-2:30pm – First Zoom meeting
- Tues. 12/8/20, 7-8pm – Zoom check-in
- Sat. 12/12/20, 1pm – 2:30pm – Final Zoom meeting
- Glues – stick glue, white glue
- Tapes – scotch tape, masking tape
- Drawing and Coloring Tools
About the Teaching Artist
Norah Solorzano is a multimedia artist with a passion for animation, puppetry, installation, automata, and story telling. Her animations have shown at venues that include SXSW, the London International Animation Festival, PBS Miami’s Art Loft, and the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston. She has previously taught media arts at institutions such as LUCAD, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, and CUNY, and has taught with Harwood for the past four years. She received a BA from Harvard and a Masters from Tisch-NYU.