The original Harwood Girls’ School consisted of the current Harwood Art Center building, a one story classroom building constructed during the WPA era and Hudd Hall built in 1940.
Today, Harwood Art Center occupies most of the main building with artist studios, galleries, classrooms and offices. Harwood also owns and operates the old church building at the corner of Mountain Road and Sixth Street as an art studio/classroom, and just purchased the building two doors down – previously a bail bonds office – to be used as additional studio and classroom space.
Harwood’s parent organization Escuela del Sol Montessori inhabits Hudd Hall, the WPA building and the north wing of the main building with toddler, primary and elementary classrooms, and administrative offices. In 2002, Escuela del Sol purchased the land directly east of Hudd Hall and built four additional primary classrooms.
We are at work on a renovation plan to update and make more efficient our campus, and we look forward to sharing our vision with you!